1. The Union Election Commission performed monthly correction/addition/cancellation in the preliminary voter lists at the relevant sub-commissions for ensuring accurate voter list after collecting the list of eligible voters in 2019 for the General Election scheduled on 8 November 2020. The first edition of voter lists was published at the offices of respective ward/village-tract commissions and in the villages from 25-7-2020 to 14-8-2020. The voters have applied for corrections and objections.
2. Based on the requests, correction and addition of the voters, the second edition of voter lists will be released for 14 days from 1-10-2020 to 14-10-2020 for the final time at the offices of respective ward/village-tract commissions and in the villages again. For ensuring correct voter lists, the voters need to check the names in the lists.
3. Those, who are not possible to check the voter lists at those places due to directives for health measures depending on the time and the place and due to the other reasons, can check the voter lists updated up to 4-9-2020 on the web application www.findyourpollingstation.uec.gov.mm. The mobile application findyourpollingstation.apk will be launched in the Google Play Store to check the name of voter lists.
4. Therefore, if the voters did not find their names in the lists, a request can be made by applying Form 3 for addition of name, cancellation of illegal voter names by Form 4 and the correction for wrong information by Form 4 (c) during the 14 days of voter lists announcement. The required forms are available at the sub-commissions of election in respective wards/village tracts free of charge.
5. Moreover, the voters need to take note the voter numbers of family members and themselves while checking the names in the lists so that they could find the names beside the numbers easily at the polling station on the Election Day.
6. For ensuring correct voter lists and for easy voting on the Election Day, the voters need to manage to check the voter lists at least one person from each family (without fail) at the respective offices, or on web application and mobile application. The voter number should be noted for themselves or their family members to save the time in taking out ballot papers at the polling stations on the Election Day.
7. The processes for checking voter lists in web application and mobile application will be explained on the website and Facebook page of UEC.
8. It may take time depending on the number of users on the web application and the mobile application, and that sufficient time should be taken to check the lists.
Union Election Commission