7th Waxing of Kasone 1382 ME
(28 April 2020)
1. The Ministry of Labour, Immigration and Population announced on 19 April 2020 that factories, workplaces and work establishments need to follow recommendations and guidelines of Ministry of Health and Sports to reopen, as a move to contain the outbreak of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) after making inspections from 20 to 30 April.
2. As per this announcement, some workplaces were temporarily closed, although they were scheduled to operate again on 20 April. Employees registered for Social security under Social Welfare Programme had no work temporarily from 20 April to the day of reopening.
3. These employees could receive 40 per cent of their salaries based on insurance fee of the 1/2020 month for the unemployed days in accordance with the Social Security Law Section 13 (b) (2) and section 100.
4. Employers of those registered factories, workplaces and work establishments may apply for social security benefits for workers, commencing the day when the announcement was issued.
5. The announcement will take effect on the day when it was published.
U Thein Swe