The Ministry of Health and Sports reported one more confirmed case of COVID-19 on Saturday, bringing the total number of people diagnosed to 178.
The 49-year-old woman who was newly infected with COVID-19 was from Mayangon Township, Yangon Region.
Out of the 178 confirmed cases, six patients have died, 68 have recovered, and 46 were allowed to be discharged from the hospitals. — MNA
Update on COVID-19 at 8 pm, 9 May 2020
1. The National Health Laboratory (Yangon) tested 188 samples, and the Department of Medical Research tested 85 samples, totalling 273, on 9 May 2020. The results showed that one lab specimen tested positive for COVID-19.
2. There have been a total of 178 confirmed cases in Myanmar up to 8:00 pm on 9 May.
3. Out of the old confirmed cases, one new case (Case-143) was tested negative for two times, bringing the total number of recovered persons to 68 on 9 May.
4. Six positive patients have died.
5. There are a total of 56 new persons under investigation in the past 24 hours from 12 noon of 9 May.
New confirmed case of COVID-19 issued at 8 pm, 9 May
|Case no.||Age||Gender||Address||Contact with COVID-19 positive patients||History of travel abroad||Name of hospital transferred||COVID-19 lab test result||Remark|
|178||49||Female||Mayangon Township, Yangon Region.||Yes (Case-98)||No||Waibargi Specialist Hospital||Positive||Person who is quarantined in designated location.|
COVID-19 Laboratory results at 8 pm, 9 May 2020
|Samples tested at the National Health Laboratory on 9 May||188|
|Samples tested at the Department of Medical Research on 9 May||85|
|COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) (new confirmed case) (positive)||1|
Latest confirmed cases, recovered cases, and deaths at 8 pm, 9 May
|New cases||Total cases|
|Confirmed cases of COVID-19||1||178|
Ministry of Health and Sports
(Translated by Kyaw Zin Tun)