1. The Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement is implementing action plans to prevent, contain and treat COVID-19 in IDP camps across the nation.
2. Management committees and temporary residents of the IDP camps are notified to proceed with the following action points:
• Regularly and systematically wash hands with the hand basins and soaps provided in the camps.
• Be wary of personal hygiene and minimizing contact with other persons when using public toilets and showers.
• Be extra vigilant for the elderly and persons with chronic illnesses living in the camps.
• To regulate camp residents from going outside and to maintain records of persons going outside for compulsory reasons. Every time they leave or enter the camp, their body temperatures should be checked, surgical or cloth-sewn masks should be worn and hands should be washed systematically.
• Always wear fabric-woven face mask. Mark two colours for interior and exterior of face mask. Completely cover nose and mouth. Never touch mask with hand when worn on face. Remove from face using the strings attached to the mask. Clean the fabric-woven face mask thoroughly every day.
• Prevent external persons from entering the camp.
• Report immediately to authorities for unusual activities or requirements concerning COVID-19.
• Carefully read SMS messages from Ministry of Health and Sports on updates and information related to COVID-19.
• Follow patient referral procedures in case of COVID-19 symptoms.
• Connect with local general administration department, health department and philanthropic organizations to swiftly transport patients under surveillance and suspected persons to their designated locations.
• Adhere to notifications issued by the Ministry of Health and Sports and local governments concerning COVID-19
Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement
(Translated by Zaw Htet Oo)